CHICO, Calif. - A woman and her son were sent to the hospital after police say she fell asleep at the wheel.
Investigators say Ze Lee, 24, of Chico was heading north on Highway 99 just south of the Skyway when she fell asleep and drifted into oncoming traffic with her 3-year-old son in the back seat.
The California Highway Patrol says Lee went onto the southbound side of the road going 60 m.p.h when she was hit by a car going 65 m.p.h. in the opposite direction.
A 32-year-old woman and 10-year-old boy were inside the oncoming car.
Lee and her son were taken to Enloe Medical Center. The C.H.P. says Lee was complaining of pain on her left side and has moderate injuries. Police say her son sustained minor injuries.
The 32-year-old and 10-year-old were not injured in the crash.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket