REDDING, Calif. - A registered sex offender faces several new charges after police say he exposed himself to a teenager at a Redding park.
David Robert Brieno, 39 a Redding transient, also known as David Brifinco, was arrested just after 8 p.m. Wednesday night.
Police were called to Caldwell Park at 50 Quartz Hill Road. Officers say a 14-year-old boy heard a man's voice in the women's restroom and thought it was suspicious. When he went in, Brieno allegedly exposed his genitals and offered the boy a bag of drugs if he would bring Brieno a girl. The victim fled and notified his mother who called the police.
Police said they found Brieno with numerous pornographic magazines and sexual devices strewn about the restroom.
He was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for contacting a minor with the intent to commit sexual offense, annoying or molesting a minor, and indecent exposure.
Officers did not locate any drugs.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer