Chico Police said they found a 17 year-old boy stabbing victim while they were patrolling the area of West 1st Avenue and Warner Street.
The male victim was walking in the area and was bleeding from multiple wounds.
When police contacted the teenage victim they discovered he had suffered multiple stab wounds.
However police said he was somewhat uncooperative and could provide little detail regarding what had occurred.
He was transported by ambulance to a local hospital with wounds that were not life threatening.
Police said it's difficult to tell why the stabbing happened but said it could possibly be gang related.
- Updated Wing part 'highly likely' from MH370, Australian officials say
- Updated Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District decides not to fund educational videos
- Updated Humboldt County Cannabis Chamber of Commerce against cannabis excise tax
- Updated The city of Eureka encourages people to get outdoors
- Updated The Westhaven Volunteer Fire Department needs your help