State Senate District 4 voters are waiting on Placer County to determine whether Jim Nielsen received 50 percent plus one of the vote. If he didn't, an expensive special election will take place, costing the 12 counties in District 4 almost a million dollars.
The counties involved include Shasta County, Butte County and Tehama County and the election candidates would be Mickey Harrington, Jim Nielsen, Dan Levine and Jan Reed -- all of whom ran in the Nov. election.
The special election is slated to cost Shasta County between $400,000 and $500,000, Tehama County $100,000, Glenn County $40,000 and Butte County $400,000.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Updated Weather Forecast: Cooler Inland With Continued Fog Along The Coast
- Updated Weather Forecast: Cooler Next Week
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay