CHICO, Calif. - Power has been restored to 7,115 PG&E customers who lost power Monday morning.
Most of the customers were in Downtown Chico and South Chico. Parts of Durham and a small portion of Oroville lost service. Four schools in the Chico Unified School District lost power as did the private Notre Dame School near Downtown Chico.
According to PG&E spokesperson Paul Moreno, a piece of the utility's substation equipment failed on a transformer bank.
"We were able to react quickly and isolate the trouble, and get the power on as quickly as possible," said Moreno.
The power was restored to all of PG&E's customers by 8:23 a.m.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Chico Great Debate kicks off for its 7th year
- Updated Murder victim's family believes he was setup by girlfriend
- Updated Trump to make 'closing argument,' lay out plan for first 100 days
- Updated The Clinton Foundation's gender pay gap worried campaign