REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police responded to an 8-month pregnant Shasta College student who was robbed on the Sundial Bridge late Wednesday night.
Two women, 18-year-old Nicole Vultaggio of Redding and 29-year-old Erica Swann of Anderson were walking along the Sacramento River Trail near the Sundial Bridge just before 11:00 p.m. Wednesday night when they were attacked by two men.
One of the suspects attacked the 8 months pregnant Vultaggio, punching her in the face, choking her, and kicking her in the stomach after she fell to the ground.
The suspects then grabbed the women's purses and ran away.
Vultaggio suffered cuts and scrapes and was taken to Mercy Medical Center.
The condition of her unborn child is unknown.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Redding Police Department.
- Updated Wing part 'highly likely' from MH370, Australian officials say
- Updated Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District decides not to fund educational videos
- Updated Humboldt County Cannabis Chamber of Commerce against cannabis excise tax
- Updated The city of Eureka encourages people to get outdoors
- Updated The Westhaven Volunteer Fire Department needs your help