REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police responded to an 8-month pregnant Shasta College student who was robbed on the Sundial Bridge late Wednesday night.
Two women, 18-year-old Nicole Vultaggio of Redding and 29-year-old Erica Swann of Anderson were walking along the Sacramento River Trail near the Sundial Bridge just before 11:00 p.m. Wednesday night when they were attacked by two men.
One of the suspects attacked the 8 months pregnant Vultaggio, punching her in the face, choking her, and kicking her in the stomach after she fell to the ground.
The suspects then grabbed the women's purses and ran away.
Vultaggio suffered cuts and scrapes and was taken to Mercy Medical Center.
The condition of her unborn child is unknown.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Redding Police Department.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Xtra Point Week Zero: Foothill pulls out late victory at West Valley
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Luncheon aims to teach community about aviation infrastructure uses