RED BLUFF, Calif. - Belle Mill Road in Red Bluff was shut down Monday afternoon due to a bomb scare.
According to Red Bluff police, a pressure cooker was left in front of Food Maxx around 10:45 a.m. at the Belle Mill Landing shopping center. Employees found the pressure cooker and put it into a shopping cart and moved it away from the building to the parking lot.
The Shasta County Bomb Squad was called to the incident and used a robot to view and x-ray the device. The bomb squad found nothing inside of the pressure cooker.
The woman who left the pressure cooker in front of the store has been identified and questioned. Her name is not being released.
- Updated Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Global trade at slowest pace in 7 years
- Updated Remembering Aaliyah 15 years after her death
- Updated Redding man sentenced for distribution of child pornography
- Updated Usher hopes movie will lead to more about historic African Americans