RED BLUFF, Calif. - Belle Mill Road in Red Bluff was shut down Monday afternoon due to a bomb scare.
According to Red Bluff police, a pressure cooker was left in front of Food Maxx around 10:45 a.m. at the Belle Mill Landing shopping center. Employees found the pressure cooker and put it into a shopping cart and moved it away from the building to the parking lot.
The Shasta County Bomb Squad was called to the incident and used a robot to view and x-ray the device. The bomb squad found nothing inside of the pressure cooker.
The woman who left the pressure cooker in front of the store has been identified and questioned. Her name is not being released.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers