REDDING, Calif. - A man was arrested after allegedly leading police on a chase in a stolen vehicle. The chase ended around 9:30 pm Monday night after the car crashed into a Union Pacific Railroad pole at South and Walden Streets.
A piece of the utility pole broke and was tangled in the wires. We're told the wires were linked to the railroad's signal box.
Police say the man fled on foot. A few minutes later he was arrested.
South Street is closed between California Street and Railroad Avenue.
Crews at the scene said the road could open as soon at 8:30 a.m., but it could take longer to repair the damaged pole.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Updated 5 things learned from Trump's 100-day interview
- Updated Emmanuel Macron vows to avoid 'mistake Hillary Clinton made'
- Updated GOP's health care push tests Democratic resistance
- Updated U.K. growth falls to just 0.3%. Is more pain on the way?
- Friday, April 28th Forecast: Warmer and drier conditions going into the weekend