REDDING, Calif. - A man was arrested after allegedly leading police on a chase in a stolen vehicle. The chase ended around 9:30 pm Monday night after the car crashed into a Union Pacific Railroad pole at South and Walden Streets.
A piece of the utility pole broke and was tangled in the wires. We're told the wires were linked to the railroad's signal box.
Police say the man fled on foot. A few minutes later he was arrested.
South Street is closed between California Street and Railroad Avenue.
Crews at the scene said the road could open as soon at 8:30 a.m., but it could take longer to repair the damaged pole.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death
- Updated White House invites Trump, Clinton reps for transition meetings
- RB Junion Spartans will have concussion testing Saturday
- JetChico proposes terminal floor plan to new airport manager
- Want a picture with Captain Kirk? That'll be $100