REDDING, Calif. - Opening statements are underway in the Mark Duenas murder retrial.
Prosecutor Stephanie Bridgett opened the proceedings Tuesday morning in Shasta County Superior Court.
Duenas is accused of killing his wife Karen in May of 2012. Her body was found in their Cottonwood home.
Duenas' first trial ended in a hung jury in August.
The topic of Facebook came up in court Tuesday morning, after the wife of a juror posted on Facebook that he was on the Duenas trial. The post was aimed at family to let them know the time period he would be on the trial.
The juror was brought into the courtroom, separate from the other jurors. He told the judge he doesn't use Facebook and had no idea about it. The judge reminded him not to discuss the case.
KRCR News Channel 7 reporter Shay Arthur is covering the Duenas case, and will have a full report starting at 5 p.m.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Winter Weather Advisory
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Updated Meeting held to form alliance to help homeless HSU students
- Updated U.S. Department of Education grant awarded to Hispanic and low-income HSU students