REDDING, Calif. - The Affordable Care Act, more commonly referred to as "Obamacare" is coming, and several Redding doctors are concerned that the Medicare website will not be up to snuff when people are in need of it.
According to Dr. Douglas McConnell, a cardio-thoracic surgeon at Shasta Regional Medical Center, he said he has been monitoring the official government Medicare website for months and it's rife with errors.
McConnell says he is worried about these errors because the site will be used by many when more pieces of the Affordable Care Act are put into action, such as the insurance ex
The database purports to list doctors by category, but if you search under cardiology and vascular medicine within a 15-mile-radius of Redding, 21 names come up.
This is typical.
There are only two of these doctors in Redding, Dr. McConnell and Dr. Edward Pottmeyer at Mercy Medical Center.
Neither of them is listed.
Dr. McConnell says he is all for healthcare, but he is against the inaccuracies and he is afraid this will cause confusion.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers