REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man was hospitalized Monday after he was stabbed by a man he said stole several items from him earlier in the day.
It happened at about 11:30 a.m. near the corner of Maraglia St. and June St.
Police say several items were stolen from the victim earlier in the day. He reportedly believed he knew what the theft suspect looked like based on surveillance video.
When he saw the man he believed to be the thief, he tried to stop him.
The suspect allegedly pulled a knife and stabbed the victim in the leg.
Police say they aren't sure if the stabbing suspect was responsible for the theft.
The names of the men involved have not been released.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration