REDDING, Calif. - Things are heating up in downtown Redding Friday morning.
The 61st annual Asphalt Cowboys' Pancake Breakfast is underway. The breakfast originated in 1954 when only 600 people attended.
This year 10,000 people are expected to show up. They use about 2,600 pounds of pancake batter to make the 30,000 pancakes. The event is a fundraiser for the Asphalt Cowboys to support Rodeo Week events.
They'll be serving until 10 a.m., it's on Market Street in front of the Cascade Theater. The price is $5 for the meal.
Tweet your photos from the breakfast using #pancakeselfie. We may use them on the air or online.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response
- NBA superstar Dwyane Wade's cousin killed in Chicago crossfire
- Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules