PARADISE, Calif. - They were swinging and putting for a cause on the Ridge Sunday for the 4th Annual Relay for Life golf tournament at Tuscan Ridge Golf Club.
28 golfers hit the links for the annual fundraiser, which is the largest nationwide for the American Cancer Society.
With golfers returning each year, even with Sunday's damp conditions, event organizer Susie Rees said it's always a great time and a great way to raise money.
"Everybody has fun. This is our fourth year doing this tournament. Everybody has a great time. Can't wait to come back again," Rees said. "Rain's not going to deter anybody. Cancer still happens in the rain so we're out here fighting it."
The tournament wrapped up in the evening with a fundraising raffle, dinner, live music and dancing at the Tuscan Ridge clubhouse.
- Updated Hillary Clinton's challenge: Igniting excitement
- Murder suspect captured in Tehama Co., taken to Siskiyou Co.
- UPDATE: Rollover crash causes power outages in Redding
- Updated Police: Woman calls 911 to make demands while driving recklessly
- Updated Russian officials blame thawed reindeer carcass in anthrax outbreak