REDDING, Calif. - Secret Witness is offering a $1,000 reward for information about the thieves who stole thousands of dollars in equipment from Whiskeytown National Recreation Area in Shasta County.
The theft happened around October 4th during the federal government shutdown. An estimated $50,000 worth of items were taken from the Whiskeytown Fire Use Module Office and Station.
Someone made off with chainsaws, tools, firefighting equipment and a marked fire pickup truck. The truck has been recovered.
If you have information you can call Secret Witness at (530) 243-2319
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Blue-green algae toxins discovered near Jones Valley Resort in Shasta Lake
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- Updated Vegetation fire burning off Hwy 32 in Forest Ranch Area
- Weather Forecast: Gradually Cooling Down for the Weekend