REDDING, Calif. - Redding police shut down part of highway 273 this morning as part of their investigation into a fatal accident last night. 66-year-old Jon Kaiser was killed after being hit by a tanker truck near Wyndham Lane just before 9 p.m.
Southbound lanes were closed between Wyndham and South Bonneyview for about an hour and a half.
Redding police took measurements in the area of impact which will be used to help diagram the scene and determine how the accident happened. Officer Brian Moore said it's a crucial part of their investigation.
"We wanna make sure that we get all the evidence to make sure there was no wrong doing in anyone's part, " said Officer Moore. "So it helps to lay out evidence so that we can take speed measurements and stuff like that if any of these were present."
Redding police said the driver of the truck did not appear to be under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The investigation is ongoing if anyone has any information you are asked to contact the Redding Police Department.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Howard Dean under fire for alleging Trump cocaine use at debate
- Updated Muslim woman to appear in Playboy in a hijab
- Updated Why you should be careful searching for Amy Schumer
- Updated Two arrested after they park a stolen vehicle near a police officer