OROVILLE, Calif. - Divers with Butte County Search and Rescue located a body inside a submerged vehicle Friday morning in a pond off of Palm Ave. outside of Oroville.
We have confirmed that the vehicle was a dark blue Ford Focus – a car that matches the description of the vehicle missing Gridley woman Jeni Casaulong was last seen driving.
Butte County Search & Rescue personnel at the scene of Friday's search still cannot not confirm if the body inside the vehicle is Casaulong.
The dive team went out Friday morning. They were following up on an aerial search conducted Thursday when they spotted the vehicle in a pond just south of Oroville.
Divers found a body in the vehicle around 11 a.m.
The search was initiated by a missing person report in Gridley. Gridley Police have been looking for Jeni Casaulong of Gridley since Sunday. She was last seen in Oroville.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Northstate Sheriffs fighting uphill battle against gun proposition
- Updated Law enforcement urges drivers to use caution with kids back in school