REDDING, Calif - According to officials a man who had committed suicide was discovered alone in his cell at the Shasta County Jail.
He was found at approximately 10 a.m. Saturday morning.
Officers said once the man was discovered life saving efforts were immediately made.
The inmate was later transported to Shasta Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The Shasta County multi-agency critical incident protocol was enacted at the request of the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
The Redding Police Department is handling the investigation.
The name of the victim is not being released until his family is notified.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response
- NBA superstar Dwyane Wade's cousin killed in Chicago crossfire
- Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules