REDDING, Calif. - Shasta Dam was closed while officials investigated a possible security breach.
Dam officials confirmed the closure Friday afternoon. They said the shutdown was initiated after an unsecured door was discovered.
Shasta Dam was been closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic as a precautionary measure while security officers conducted a search.
Officials said the dam was reopened at about 6:15 p.m. and that no threat was found.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Blue-green algae toxins discovered near Jones Valley Resort in Shasta Lake
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- Updated Vegetation fire burning off Hwy 32 in Forest Ranch Area
- Weather Forecast: Gradually Cooling Down for the Weekend