Chico City Manager Mark Orme confirmed Thursday that the only commercial airline serving the city's airport would discontinue flights in December.
SkyWest Airlines will no longer serve the Chico area citing poor financial performance as its reason for leaving. SkyWest flies under contract with United Airlines as United Express out of Chico.
Orme said that the city is still trying to hire an airport manager and he thinks the experience that comes with that position is needed now more than ever.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- 1 out of 5 firefighters have PTSD
- Lack of phone service leads to struggles for Weitchpec Fire
- Updated 6.2 quake hits Italy; buildings collapse in Amatrice
- Updated Red Bluff Joint Union High School District puts $26 million bond on ballot