Chico City Manager Mark Orme confirmed Thursday that the only commercial airline serving the city's airport would discontinue flights in December.
SkyWest Airlines will no longer serve the Chico area citing poor financial performance as its reason for leaving. SkyWest flies under contract with United Airlines as United Express out of Chico.
Orme said that the city is still trying to hire an airport manager and he thinks the experience that comes with that position is needed now more than ever.
- Suspect identified in Modoc deputy killing
- Updated Trump's advice in 2007 book: 'Accept blame' for 'painful defeats'
- Updated Can Trump, Clinton put aside acrimony at charity dinner?
- Updated About 70 million watch final presidential debate
- McCain to Trump: 'A concession isn't just an exercise in graciousness - it is an act of respect'