The first phase of the Downtown Chico couplet project is in the books, but some drivers are saying that it's not making their commute any easier.
One of the preliminary phases of the project included a roundabout on Salem St. and West First St., along with some sidewalk repairs.
The roundabout finished back in Aug. and was intended to improve traffic flow and pedestrian safety.
Erin Coe, a pizza delivery driver on Salem St. said that conditions are great for pedestrians but those behind the wheel still have difficulty.
"We see a lot of people trying to turn down the one-way now," Coe said. "People don't know where they're going. There's just chaos down here."
The project's total cost is $2.6 million and construction will continue this summer.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney