OROVILLE, Calif. - An Oroville man was stabbed multiple times Saturday morning during a fight. The suspect was caught by police when he returned the crime scene to allegedly hide out.
According to Oroville Police, multiple people were involved in a fight around 2:30 a.m. at a house in the 1100 block of Bird Street. Alcohol and drugs appear to be a factor in the altercation.
Officers said Damien Sheldahl, 35, of Oroville allegedly stabbed the 27-year-old victim numerous times. He ran off before police arrived on scene.
The victim was taken to Oroville Medical Center and was reportedly in stable condition Saturday afternoon, according to police.
Sheldahl was arrested around 7:30 a.m. when he came back to the crime scene. Oroville Police investigators returned to the area to gather more details on the crime, and found the suspect hiding out inside the house.
He was booked into the Butte County Jail on assault with a deadly weapon charges.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration