REDDING, Calif. - A suspect was arrested after a pursuit and manhunt Monday night. Redding Police said Robert Beem, 55, was arrested after eluding authorities for more than an hour.
Police say they tried to stop a black pickup for street racing near Cypress Avenue and Victor Avenue in Redding just after 9 p.m.
The driver took off, leading officers on a pursuit reaching speeds of 80 miles per hour.
The suspect stopped on Dersch Road near Oak Bottom Road and ran away. Police searched the area with assistance from police K9s and a CHP helicopter.
Redding Police said Beem was caught and arrested just before 11 p.m. Officers said they found paperwork inside the abandoned vehicle that helped lead them to the suspect.
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death
- Updated White House invites Trump, Clinton reps for transition meetings
- RB Junion Spartans will have concussion testing Saturday
- JetChico proposes terminal floor plan to new airport manager
- Want a picture with Captain Kirk? That'll be $100