REDDING, Calif. - A suspect was arrested after a pursuit and manhunt Monday night. Redding Police said Robert Beem, 55, was arrested after eluding authorities for more than an hour.
Police say they tried to stop a black pickup for street racing near Cypress Avenue and Victor Avenue in Redding just after 9 p.m.
The driver took off, leading officers on a pursuit reaching speeds of 80 miles per hour.
The suspect stopped on Dersch Road near Oak Bottom Road and ran away. Police searched the area with assistance from police K9s and a CHP helicopter.
Redding Police said Beem was caught and arrested just before 11 p.m. Officers said they found paperwork inside the abandoned vehicle that helped lead them to the suspect.
- Trump's tax plan could cost an estimated $5.5 trillion
- New Starbucks: Nearly a third of sales were made digitally last quarter
- Updated Burglary suspect arrested three days after home theft
- Updated Drugged driving surpasses drunk driving among drivers killed in crashes, report finds
- Updated Six arrested for maintaining drug house in Redding