RED BLUFF, Calif. - The man murdered in Red Bluff on Thursday morning has been identified as Samuel Mcthaddeus Forseth, 28, of Palo Cedro.
The incident happened at 2:23 a.m. in the 200-block of Pinon Way in Red Bluff. Red Bluff Police received a 911 call from a man who said there was an injured man on his front porch, who was bleeding from an apparent stabbing.
Officers responded and found Forseth with several stab wounds. Medics arrived and pronounced Forseth dead at the scene.
Police also found the suspect, 39-year-old Christopher Hougland, at the scene. Hougland was treated at St. Elizabeth Hospital for minor cuts, then brought to the police department where he was arrested for murder.
- Updated Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Soaring costs of EpiPens have victims of allergies worried
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets