REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Coroner's Office identified the man killed by police after they say he stabbed a man to death then confronted officers with a butcher knife June 20.
A press release issued Tuesday identified Ray Dakota Scholfield, 23, of Redding as the man who was shot and killed by police after they responded to calls of a stabbing at 1616 Willis St.
Officials also identified the stabbing victim as 33-year-old Christen Allenclark from Redding. Allenclark died of his wounds at the scene.
Circumstances regarding Scholfield death are being investigated by the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
The officers involved in the shooting have not been identified.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight