REDDING, Calif. - Shasta County Sheriff deputies said Eric Brown arrived at his house on the 18000 block of Old Oasis Road when he saw a suspect dressed in a full ghillie suit removing property from the residence.
A ghillie suit is a type of camouflaged clothing designed to look like heavy foliage.
The alleged burglary happened Friday at 10:15 a.m.
Once spotted the suspect took off into a heavily wooded area.
Members of the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, California Highway Patrol Air Operations and the Redding Police Department attempted to set up a perimeter around the area.
A deputy and his canine partner also tracked the suspect.
The canine picked up the suspect's scent and followed it for about a mile.
During the track, a hat, the top and bottom part of the ghillie suit were located along with $650.00 worth of stolen items from Brown's home.
After three hours of searching for the suspect the search was called off.
The suspect is still outstanding and considered armed and dangerous.
The suspect is described as a white man, about 25-years-old, six feet tall and 175 pounds. He was last seen in a white t-shirt and tan shorts.
Anyone with information should contact the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight
- Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do