MAGALIA, Calif. - A taxi driver was robbed at knifepoint when she responded to a call for a cab near the intersection of Skyway and Columbine in Magalia around 3:30 Wednesday morning.
Officials from the Butte County Sheriff's Office said the woman arrived at the address and unlocked the back doors.
That's when a man wearing camouflage got in, put a knife to her throat, and demanded money. She handed over an unknown amount of cash, and the suspect took off.
The victim said she also saw a second man in the area wearing camouflage and a mask.
Officials believe the suspect is between 18 and 23 years old, but were not able to locate any suspect during a search of the area.
Anyone with information should contact the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more