REDDING, Calif. - For the first time in a fire station Tehama County will be fully staffed.
Today CAL FIRE announced that El Camino Fire Station 9 will be staffed by 2 firefighters, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The station has been staffed exclusively by volunteer firefighters since funding for paid firefighters was eliminated in 2004.
A grant will fund the paid positions for the next two years.
The fire station serves Gerber, Proberta, and Rancho Tehama.
- 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Northstate Sheriffs fighting uphill battle against gun proposition
- Updated Law enforcement urges drivers to use caution with kids back in school