REDDING, Calif. - A suspect was arrested when agents raided a major marijuana grow in Shasta County Friday morning.
2,155 plants were found growing in a garden near Little Cow Creek east of Bella Vista. The garden was made up of several sites connected by a trail system and water pipes. The grows were on both private and BLM land.
During the raid, agents found two suspects at the garden who ran away. One was able to escape. The other, Gregorio Farias, 30, of Laredo, Mexico, was caught by a police K9 and arrested.
Farias was treated at the hospital then taken to the Shasta County Jail.
- 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Northstate Sheriffs fighting uphill battle against gun proposition
- Updated Law enforcement urges drivers to use caution with kids back in school