REDDING, Calif. - A suspect was arrested when agents raided a major marijuana grow in Shasta County Friday morning.
2,155 plants were found growing in a garden near Little Cow Creek east of Bella Vista. The garden was made up of several sites connected by a trail system and water pipes. The grows were on both private and BLM land.
During the raid, agents found two suspects at the garden who ran away. One was able to escape. The other, Gregorio Farias, 30, of Laredo, Mexico, was caught by a police K9 and arrested.
Farias was treated at the hospital then taken to the Shasta County Jail.
- Updated North Korea carries out 'large-scale' artillery drill, South Korea says
- Updated Woman who says she knows suspect in HSU murder speaks out
- Warriors rout Trail Blazers to complete series sweep
- Fresno hate crime suspect describes anger toward white men
- Rain hurts turn out at Palo Cedro Show and Shine