REDDING, Calif. - Turtle Bay Exploration Park taken in an 11-week-old skunk who can no longer live in the wild because of its congenital defects. Now the park is asking the public for help in naming its new resident.
Turtle Bay is deciding between two names for the female skunk – 'Petunia' or 'Sweet Pea'. Although it might sound a ironic to name a skunk after a flower, this skunk had her scent glands removed and can no longer spray.
"She's very playful, she loves her toys and to play around," said Lindsay Young, an animal trainer at Turtle Bay Exploration Park.
You can vote to name Petunia or Sweet Pea from July 16 all the way through Fri., Jul. 19 at 5 p.m.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney