APPLEGATE, Calif. - The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office has made two arrests in the murder of Michael MacCallum, 34, whose body was found in northern Siskiyou County on Nov. 20.
MacCallum, of Medford, Oreg., was reported missing by family members before the Jackson County and Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue recovered a body at the base of a steep cliff in the Applegate area of northern Siskiyou County.
According to sheriff's deputies, evidence at the site where the victim was recovered and the suspicious nature of the death prompted a homicide investigation.
On Dec. 7, Siskiyou County Sheriff's deputies arrested Amber Lubbers, 27, and Patricia MacCallum, 26, for the premeditated murder of Michael MacCallum.
The suspects were arrested in the Medford area and will be extradited to California at the earliest opportunity.
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's office urges citizens with any further information about the incident to contact the sheriff's office at the 24-hour dispatch number at (530) 841-2900.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- New Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated A Red Bluff man is in the hospital with West Nile
- Updated Cameras along Chico State bike path installed to crack down on crime