LOS MOLINOS, Calif. - The Deer Fire was threatening power lines in the foothills outside of Los Molinos.
The fire broke out Friday afternoon around 4:30 p.m. in the Deer Creek drainage about 10 miles east of Los Molinos.
On Sunday evening CAL FIRE officials said the fire had grown to 10,310 acres and is 35% contained.
We have confirmed with CAL FIRE that no homes or structures are threatened.
There continues to be a threat to 500 KV powerlines located in the fire area. The fire has entered the Ishi Wilderness. Control efforts are hampered by limited access for ground resources, as well as winds that increased over the course of the day. Hand crews are continuing to be flown to certain parts of the fire.
1,015 total personnel are battling the blaze.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Clinton, Trump get the Weird Al auto-tune treatment
- Updated Xtra Point Week Eight: Shasta, Pleasant Valley victorious in rivalry games
- Updated Facebook to allow graphic posts if deemed 'newsworthy'
- NYPD investigates white powder at Clinton campaign HQ