LOS MOLINOS, Calif. - An early morning fire damaged a charity in Los Molinos. Flames were seen coming from a building which houses The Guardian Angel Foundation. The fire destroyed the thrift store building which spans approximately 3,000 square feet.
The fire was reported around 7:45 a.m. Monday at 8320 Highway 99E, near Marek Road north of Los Molinos.
CAL FIRE said the building was fully involved with power lines down. PG&E and the sheriff's office also responded.
The owner told KRCR News Channel 7's Tyler May he provides housing, clothing and toys for people in need.
The Guardian Angel Foundation has 13 apartments on the property, providing housing for up to 26 people. The apartments were not damaged.
CAL FIRE said the morning rain helped keep the fire from spreading to nearby vegetation. The fire was just outside the reach of Los Molinos hydrants. Fire trucks had to shuttle water about half a mile from the nearest hydrant.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules
- Rescuing the furry victims of Louisiana's flooding
- MTV VMAs 2016: 5 reasons to watch
- Redding Fire reminds people to register cell phones for emergency notifications