PARADISE, Calif. - A five-year-old girl died Tuesday morning after she was hit by a car in her driveway. Paradise Police confirm the victim is Gracie Carmack.
Police said the collision happened around 10 a.m. in Paradise, on Seneca Drive on the town's south side.
Several family members live at the home. Michael Biggs was in the yard when it all happened.
Biggs told KRCR News Channel 7 the family got the 1987 Toyota Camry one week ago. According to Biggs, the female driver went inside the home to look for the keys, leaving a 10-year-old boy in the vehicle. The car was not running.
Biggs suddenly saw the vehicle rolling forward down the driveway. He tried to stop the vehicle before it hit the girl, but he couldn't stop its momentum.
The family described Gracie as a special-needs child.
We'll have more information on KRCR News Channel 7 beginning at 5 p.m.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers