COTTONWOOD, Calif. - A tanker truck loaded with propane overturned in Tehama County early Tuesday, forcing the full closure of Interstate 5.
The accident happened at 8:30 a.m. at the Bowman Road exit from northbound Interstate 5. Southbound lanes opened shortly after crews arrived at the scene of the crash. The northbound lanes reopened just after 10 a.m.
The cab of a tanker truck was on its side and police say its driver, 46-year-old Roger Anthony was trapped for approximately 90 minutes.
California Highway Patrol officers say Anthony was driving under the influence of prescription medication and possibly illicit drugs.
Anthony was taken to Mercy Medical Center by helicopter due to serious injuries and was arrested at the hospital.
He was listed in fair condition as of Tuesday night.
- 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Northstate Sheriffs fighting uphill battle against gun proposition
- Updated Law enforcement urges drivers to use caution with kids back in school