MAGALIA, Calif. - The CHP has released new details about the victims of a deadly crash in Magalia. Two teens were killed and a third teenager is hospitalized.
The crash happened just after 9:30 p.m. Saturday near South Park Drive and Ventura Drive in Magalia. According to a CHP news release, a 2003 Acura left the road and crashed into a utility pole and a tree.
The victims who died were passengers in the vehicle, a 17-year-old boy from Paradise and a 16-year-old girl from Magalia.
The driver, a 16-year-old girl from Magalia was seriously injured and taken to the hospital.
The CHP had not released the names of the victims as of Sunday evening. The crash remains under investigation
About 30 minutes later, another fatal crash was reported south of Paradise at Pentz Road and Messilla Valley Road.
The CHP said a vehicle ran off the road and caught fire just after 10 p.m. Saturday. The vehicle's single occupant was killed. The name of the victim was not released as of Sunday evening.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration