REDDING, Calif. - Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies said a theft victim helped them arrest a suspect Tuesday. It started when the victim spotted his stolen property on Craigslist.
Investigators said the victim, who's from the Cottonwood area, contacted them on Monday about a stolen plasma cutter that's worth $2,000.
The suspect, 18-year-old Michael Macabe, was reportedly trying to sell the cutter on the website, Craigslist.
The victim arranged a meeting with Macabe on Tuesday to buy the cutter. They arranged to meet behind the Redding Walmart.
Deputies from the City of Shasta Lake and Detectives from the Major Crimes Unit were alerted of the meeting and interviewed Macabe in the parking lot.
Investigators said Macabe was arrested after admitting to having stolen property in his vehicle.
The stolen property was returned to the rightful owner.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney