REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Coroner's Office has released the names of the two people killed in Thursday's fiery crash on Highway 273 in Redding.
The driver was 23-year-old Jeffery Courtroul of Redding.
The passenger was 24-year-old Thomas Pimentel of Redding.
The coroner's report says the victims died from massive blunt force injuries caused by the crash rather than the ensuing fire.
Police said the car burst into flames after hitting a UPS truck at a high rate of speed early Thursday.
The truck was also destroyed by fire. The UPS Driver, John Abraham survived. He suffered second degree burns to his legs.
- Prosecutor: 2 arrests in Belgium terror probe
- Could Zika pose a problem for Florida's tourism industry?
- Four people dead after medical plane crashes
- Wing part 'highly likely' from MH370, Australian officials say
- Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District decides not to fund educational videos