ALTURAS, Calif. - An effort to recall a Modoc County supervisor has failed.
Voters went to the polls Tuesday to decide if District 4 Supervisor Jim Wills should be recalled.
According to the unofficial results from the Modoc County Recorder's Office, 59.5% percent (365) voted no, and 40.5% (248) voted yes.
The results await final verification through the canvas.
Wills was elected in November 2012 and took office in January 2013.
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County