REDDING, Calif. - A water main break has left a Redding neighborhood without water Wednesday.
Mountain Shadows Mobile Home Park, near Lake Boulevard is on its own water system which makes it difficult for workers to fix the broken pipe.
A few workers said they found the pipe but do not know how long it will take to fix.
The community is relying on a truck to pump water; bucket-by-bucket.
Park resident and firefighter Chad Steffens spent his morning helping neighbors get some much needed water.
He said it is a job that has to be done.
"It's rewarding to do this for the community where I live in. It's been like this for the last 24 hours and still no end in sight of when it's going to be repaired or fixed," said Steffens. "A lot of the elderly that live here can't make it. [I] basically load it up in the back of my truck and bring it to their houses and fill up their containers and make sure they have water for their toilets and sinks."
Steffens also said the water is not drinkable but can be used for other purposes like cleaning.
He also said the entrance to the broken pipe is underneath a home and plenty of dirt, which has made it difficult for workers to get to the source.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida