WHISKEYTOWN, Calif. - There is good news for people going to Whiskeytown Lake this summer.
A $6,000 grant from the Shasta Regional Community Foundation's Redding Rancheria Community Fund will lead to the replacement of an old kayak shed at Oak Bottom Marina.
The Friends of Whiskeytown recently gave the lake 15 new kayaks that will be used this summer for free, Ranger-led kayak tours.
"We will be able to safely store and protect the kayaks that they purchased and able to offer all of our programs," says Sean Denniston, Chief of Interpretation and Resource Management.
Whiskeytown Lake offers a variety of kayak tours. Their new schedule will be ready in the spring . The tours will begin July and go on until Labor day.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Sheriff's office: Report of shooting at SC elementary school
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Street re-opened after gas leak in Chico