REDDING, Calif. - A small brush fire burned on the side of Highway 273 just north of Win River Casino around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday. It took firefighters about an hour to get it under control.
All available firefighters were called to fight the blaze that threatened multiple structures and smoke could be seen from Downtown Redding. Firefighters were able to quickly contain the fire after setting several smaller back fires.
"We heard a couple pops," said witness John Runyan. "The neighbor said there was a flash of blue light outside and there was three fires going. The telephone pole flared up."
A homeowner living in the area said his blue 1987 Jeep Cherokee was stolen from him while he was trying to escape the flames.
City of Redding utility officials said a power outage that occurred around the same time of the fire was possibly related to the incident.
Redding Fire Investigator Patrick O'Connor also said two communication towers were down due to the fire. No structures were damaged and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Updated Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do
- Mayo maker says it is no longer being probed by SEC, DOJ
- Federal judge sides with Trump administration in travel ban case
- BREAKING: Officer-involved shooting on I-5 in Cottonwood
- UCLA freshman Lonzo Ball declares for NBA draft after tourney loss