RED BLUFF, Calif. - A woman?s body was found Monday afternoon inside her home, and Red Bluff Police are calling her death suspicious.
Police are saying it is unclear how 41 year-old Barbara Acevedo died, and right now are not ruling anything out. Officers were called to the home on the 1200 block of Aloha Street by Acevedo's family members, who discovered her around noon.
On Sunday, the night before, police had been to the home for a domestic disturbance around 8:55 PM. Acevedo told police her husband had harmed her. Police say they could clearly see visible injuries on Acevedo?s body. Acevedo's husband, 39 year-old Carmelo Acevedo Gutierrez, was booked into Tehama County Jail Sunday night for spousal abuse and false imprisonment. He has not been released yet, and was in custody when Acevedo was found Monday.
Red Bluff Police say it is too early to speculate on the cause of death, and would not confirm the specific details of Acevedo's injuries from her husband.
An autopsy will be performed Wednesday to determine how Acevedo died.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers