OROVILLE, Calif. - A woman was seriously injured after being hit by a car in Oroville. These are photos of the crash taken by John Loewe of the Oroville Mirror newspaper.
The collision happened around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday on Grand Avenue in Oroville.
A car hit a woman on a bicycle, throwing her about 100 feet. The car then hit a power pole, shearing it off, and knocking it into the street. The road was closed for quite some time.
We have a call into Oroville Police to see if the driver will face any charges.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers