REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police are looking for a man who stabbed a woman late Sunday night.
It happened in the 3100 block of C Street near Hartnell Avenue around 10:15 p.m.
Kari Christensen, 48, told officers she was walking her dog when a man came up to her from behind and stabbed her in the chest. Her injuries were not life-threatening.
The suspect ran off. He's described as a white or Hispanic man, about 40 years old, 6 feet tall with an average build and short dark hair.
A search of the area was conducted by members of the Redding Police Department, Shasta County Sheriff's Office and the CHP helicopter, but they failed to locate the suspect.
Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to call Redding Police Department, Investigations Division at (530) 225-4214.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida