RED BLUFF, Calif. - A head-on crash closed part of Interstate 5 just north of Red Bluff early Thursday morning.
The crash happened near Wilcox Road at 1:18 a.m.
According to the CHP website, a car drove into oncoming traffic, headed south in the northbound lanes.
The Honda Accord slammed head-on into another Accord. There were major injuries. A helicopter was called in to take at least one of the victims to the hospital.
The northbound lanes were closed to allow a helicopter to land. All lanes were back open just after 3 a.m.
One person was arrested, but CHP dispatchers did not have information about the charges.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Updated North Korea carries out 'large-scale' artillery drill, South Korea says
- Updated Woman who says she knows suspect in HSU murder speaks out
- Warriors rout Trail Blazers to complete series sweep
- Fresno hate crime suspect describes anger toward white men
- Rain hurts turn out at Palo Cedro Show and Shine