SOUTHERN REDWOOD VALLEY, Calif. - Cal Fire officials have issued a repopulation plan for southern Redwood Valley.
Officials said although evacuation orders for these areas have been lifted, they will remain under evacuation warning.
The Redwood Valley community south of the following areas may return:
- West Road south of and including Laughlin Way
- Laughlin Way south of Bakers Creek
- East Road south of Held Road
- Road I to Colony Drive (excluding Madrone Lane)
- East of US-101
- North of Highway 20
- West of Ricetti Lane at the entrance to Black Bart Trail
Officials also want to remind the public of hard road closures in the area. Only fire, law enforcememt and public utilities may pass the following locations:
- Laughlin Way at Bakers Creek Road
- Laughlin Way at West Road
- East Road at Held Road
- Madrone Lane at Road I
- Colony Drive at Road I
- Ricetti Lane at the entrance to Black Bart Trail
Returning residents should excerisce extreme caution. Fire, law enforcment and utlity crews continue to work in the area and there are many downed trees and other hazards. Residents should be prepared to evacuate again on short notice, as these areas will remian under evacuation warning.