CRESCENT CITY, Calif. - Christopher Joseph Gregory, 31, of Crescent City, was charged with multiple offenses on Tuesday according to the Del Norte District Attorney's Office. The charges include first-degree residential burglary with special allegations of a person present and a vulnerable elderly victim, elder abuse, assault with force likely to result in great bodily injury, battery on a peace officer and two counts of resisting arrest by force or violence.
According to investigators, the charges stem from what is alleged to have been an unprovoked attack that occurred on January 8, when authorities say Gregory entered the victim's home to commit the attack and left him beaten and injured. It is further alleged that Gregory physically resisted and fought with responding officers from the Del Norte Sheriff's Office.
Gregory is currently being held in the Del Norte County jail with bail set at $140,000.
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight
- Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do