HAYFORK, Calif. - The Trinity County Sheriff's Office said a woman was arrested Tuesday in connection to a homicide in Hayfork.
Officials said at approximately 11:00 p.m. Tuesday, the Trinity County Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center received a call from a resident in Hayfork stating a man had been shot inside a home.
Deputies and detectives from the Trinity County Sheriff's Office responded to the home on Felch Street in Hayfork where they found the man. The man was pronounced dead at scene due to a gunshot wound.
Detectives interviewed suspect Betsy James, 45, of Hayfork, at the scene, where she admitted to shooting the victim. James was arrested and transported to the Trinity County Jail.
The victim's identity is being withheld at this time pending notification of next of kin.
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight
- Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do