Redding, Chico & Red Bluff - Expect sunny skies Friday with warmer afternoon highs for the inland.
A ridge of high pressure is bringing even warmer afternoon highs on Friday and Saturday to parts of the Northcoast. This ridge is also bringing clear skies and dry air which will help overnights to cool off fast.
Protected areas in the inland and interior will continue to see chilly nights but not as cold as Tuesday or Wednesday night.
Our next slider clips the Northern California Saturday night and into Sunday. This will bring cooler weather on Sunday but the bigger concern is for the gusty winds.
Expect high fire danger on Sunday and Monday with strong northerly winds. Relative humidity may fall to the teens for the inland in the afternoon hours.
Winds will begin to relax through the day on Tuesday, lowering the fire threat.
- New 'Time is of the essence,' UN official says after North Korea visit
- Shasta High School defeats Marin Catholic, heads to State Championship
- Woman killed in overnight single-vehicle crash on I-5
- One person dead after officer-involved shooting in Redding
- Weather Forecast: Chilly mornings and moderate afternoons