UKIAH, CALIF. - David John Richard, 52, of Ukiah, entered a guilty plea on September 15 to having continuously sexually abused a child under the age of 14 years, according to the Mendocino County District Attorney.
Officials said that Richard had committed at least five, and up to 10 or more, separate acts of substantial sexual conduct over an 18 month period. At the time of the acts, the victim was seven and eight years old.
Richard accepted the District Attorney's limited-time offer of a stipulated state prison sentence of 16 years, according to the Mendocino County District Attorney. Richard will also be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of his life once he is released on parole. After accepting the guilty plea Richard was ordered by the court to be held in the county jail on a no-bail warrant.
Richard is scheduled to be sentenced on October 13 at 9 a.m.
- Updated High Surf Advisory
- Updated Your guide to buying health insurance for the first time
- Updated Why does New Hampshire have the highest synthetic opioid death rate?
- New Debt, old age, stagnation: Japan's economy faces huge challenges
- College's bell tower trolled white supremacist with black national anthem